WHY DO WE NEED TO REMOVE TEETH?
Dental Extractions are necessary as a treatment option if you are experiencing any of the following:
- Severe pain or discomfort in a tooth that is past the point of restoring.
- A tooth with an infection that has spread to the nerve of the tooth, and root canal has been declined as treatment.
- Cracks or Fracture of the tooth, past the point of restoring.
- A large cavity in a tooth, past the point of restoring.
- A tooth that is mobile as a result of advanced periodontal disease.
- For Orthodontic Purposes in order to create space.
- Impacted Wisdom Teeth
DO MY WISDOM TEETH NEED TO BE REMOVED?
Removing wisdom teeth may be necessary if you are experiencing pain, swelling or any of the following symptoms associated with your third molars:
- Impacted Teeth
- Difficulty keeping them clean
- Food Impaction
- Jaw aches and pains
Prior to any wisdom tooth extraction, the Doctors at Prestons Dental will take a panoramic X-ray of your teeth and jaws to fully assess the anatomy of each wisdom tooth as it relates to your entire smile. If this is not enough information, we will refer you to take a cone beam CT X-ray in order to assess the position of the tooth in relation to the maxillary sinus and mandibular nerve of the jaw.